Monday, July 11, 2011

Simple Complexities of a Fifty Dollar Bet...

It happened yesterday.  Or ten months ago.  Maybe it was a full lifetime.  It doesn't really matter because the fact is that it happened. 

He lost a bet.  Fifty dollars to be put into my hand at an undetermined date and time.  One that is yet to come...or won't ever come.  Whatever.  The important thing is that he lost. 

And that meant I won. 

More than I ever imagined I would win.  That bet made me the richest woman on the planet. 

I radiate my wealth daily.  On the good days, I shine like gold.  On the bad days, my luster is still present. 

He made me rich.  And there is not enough appreciation in the whole world for such a wealth. 

I get richer every single day. 

I am full of admiration, wonder, happiness...and most of all...love. 

So thanks for losing that bet.

I remember laying in the grass, shaking with anticipation.  Willing the tears not to fall.  Forcing my mouth to resist forming the words that hung so thick in the air around us.  Wondering if you could hear my heart slamming against my ribcage.  If you were thinking and feeling the same things as I.  If I was being a fool and how in the hell I had missed finding that exact feeling my whole life. 

Today I know the answers to all but my wonders will never cease when I look at you.  Ever. 

Because your love is too simple for the complex man. 
Because your love is too big to ever ingnore.

Because...I'm still waiting for that fifty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment