Monday, July 11, 2011

What are you looking for inside of my head?

She keeps telling me she wants to know more.  That she misses me and wants to know whats in my brain these days.  Really what shes asking is why did I do it.  She's looking for an explanation of my actions and wanting to know how it is that I am surviving...or even more amazingly living...through the past year.  Just to let her off the hook, she's not the only one wondering but not quite enough to just open their mouths and ask the questions they are wishing the answers for.  People have their own lives.  And since my actions do not actually affect their lives, there is no real point in having a real conversation and asking questions.  Right?

Truth is this...

I began my latest journey not knowing where I was headed.  (I still have not a clue as to where my life is going.)  And aside from the initial ramblings when I tried to reassure myself that I was doing not only the right thing for me but the right thing for every party involved by getting the advice of a few really close people, I have not actually opened up about anything involving my life for the past year.  I did it on purpose.  For the first time in my life, I decided to live for me.  I made a concious decision to do what was going to be in MY best interest and stop living for the people around me.  It was hard.  Hella hard.  But I shut myself off from anyone that was extended beyond the immediate situation.  I didn't want outside opinions to hinder or change whatever decisions I was making in my heart and in my logical head.  I wanted to be me...for me...for once. 

Once I got past those decision making times and came to terms with the direction my life was headed in, I didn't make it a point to bring back in the people I love.  If they wanted to know, they knew where to find me.  I continued on my path and the more I traveled and the more I found the way back to myself, the more I realized that I loved the comfort of my small little bubble.  My man, my kids, my work.  Nothing in the outside world meant anything close to those three things.  They were my new life.  They still are.  And I am very happy living in that bubble. 

But she wants to see in my head.

And I want to write.

For me.

I found myself again, dear sister.  Lost once in a world no one believes, I have emerged as a butterfly; colorful as ever and at peace with my world. 

1 comment:

  1. 'bout time you found yourself again! I was missing you!!!! I do want to know all about your life ya know, not just to make sure you are ok, but because I want to know you are happy! I don't need to know they "why" behind your life, just the outcome. Our lives haven't been the same since high school but it still kills me when you are hurting and being so far away I'm never able to be there for you. Congrats dear sister, on finding that happiness in your life again! Soon I will be here with my whole crew to share in your happiness. Until then, know your baby sister loves you no matter what!!!!

    ReplyDelete